Bob Loblaw's Law Blog
Top 10 albums by bands/artists whose name starts with A!
by, 10-25-07 at 11:44 AM (728 Views)
Haha. Yeah, dude. I'm totally going to forget soooo much shit so I'll actually give you guys the go ahead to bash me on this one.
10) Against Me! - As the Eternal Cowboy - It's hard to find an album with a better three opening songs. Jesus Christ, this album slays. I'm not really into their other releases (yes, even their older stuff!). But I really dig this CD and rock it quite often.
9) Antony & the Johnsons - I am a Bird Now - There's something about this album that just rocks my socks. I really like it. It's good the good and the bad, the happy and the sad, and revolves around the struggles of growing up, especially knowing you're different than everyone else.
8) Aqua - Aquarium - This is one of the few dance records where every song in a jam. There are tons of singles--"Barbie Girl," "Lollipop," "Dr Jones," "Turn Back Time," but also just some all-around good songs. It's such a fun CD.
7) A-ha - Hunting High and Low - Who doesn't rock out to "Take On Me"? There are some other cuts on this like "The Sun Always Shines on TV" that make it one of the top picks.
6) Aquabats, the - The Return of the Aquabats - The reason why I like this album more than Fury is because of this album's version of "Martian Girl," which is my favorite 'Bats song. I love it. I can't explain it but I just like this album. And luckily, there is no explanation needed! Well, "Pinch and Roll."
5) Adicts, the - Sound of Music - Most everyone I know says that Songs of Praise is their best album. I just can't agree with that. When I hear songs like "How Sad," "Easy Way Out," and "Lullaby," I get happy, which is strange considering the dark tone of them. WOO WOO WOO!
4) AFI - Black Sails in the Sunset - Such a good album. I love the fast, aggressive stuff, and I like the slower, darker stuff. Yeah!
3) Andrew WK - I Get Wet - When I think about having fun, I think of this album. I love it. The lyrics are goofy but the hooks are incredible.
2) Alice in Chains - Dirt - I don't even need to explain myself on this one.
1) Alkaline Trio - Good Mourning - I love this album. I love everything about it. Most people like their older shit better. I've never been into their older shit too much. It's a perfect mix of punk and pop in my eyes. Plus, Dan's songs are just as good as Matt's. WTF?