Can't get used to the header image linking to the home page?
by, 05-25-08 at 03:49 PM (845 Views)
I couldn't either, so I wrote a little script. It links the "DF" part of the image (Update: or the rightmost rabbit for the DU skin) to the homepage, but the rest of the image links to the forum index like it used to. Install at your own risk!
1. You must be using Firefox
2. Install "Chickenfoot" from here: http://groups.csail.mit.edu/uid/chickenfoot/
3. Restart your browser and press F8 (or View > Sidebar > Chickenfoot)
4. Click the blank page image in the top window and paste the following into the box beneath:
If you're using the DF skin:
If you're using the DU skin:Code:replace('/official/ link', "<img src='images_df2007/df2007_header.png' border='0' usemap = '#df'/><map name='df'><area shape='rect' coords='0,0,620,200' href='/board.php'><area shape='rect' coords='620,0,850,200' href='/index.php'></map>")
If you're using the CL skin:Code:replace('/official/ link', "<img src='images_du/du_header.jpg' border='0' usemap = '#df'/><map name='df'><area shape='rect' coords='0,0,722,121' href='/board.php'><area shape='rect' coords='722,0,850,121' href='/index.php'></map>")
5. In the bottom window, click the "Triggers" tab and click the + imageCode:replace('/official/ link', '<a href="board.php"><img src="/images_cl/h1.png" border="0" alt="The Despair Faction & Official AFI Message Board" /></a>')
6. Name it whatever you'd like, e.g. "DF Redirect"
7. In the "when pages match" box, put this:
8. Click "OK"Code:http://despairfaction.com/* http://*.despairfaction.com/*
9. Make sure the "On?" checkbox next to your new trigger is ticked.
10. Load/Reload the board and see if it works!
I haven't tested it a lot but it should work. If you have any suggested improvements, post them! You can use Chickenfoot to do tons of other cool things as well. Have fun!
EDIT - I've now updated it to work with the DU skin as well.
EDIT - Updated for Crash Love skin.