Things are different.
by, 07-22-09 at 03:06 PM (775 Views)
1. I'm now dating that guy. Falling for him pretty fast and pretty hard. Need to figure out how to ease up on the reins a bit with that. Too soon, Christina. Too soon.
2. I've been really really sick, on and off, for the last couple of months. My ulcers are back and they hurt like a motherfuck(ingbitchassho). I've been missing too much work, which stresses me out, irritating my ulcers, which causes me to miss work...
3. I'm living in Dallas now. A city girl for the first time and I sort of love it. Things are so squished together and close in a big city. It's convenient. So is the new roommate. Never lived with one before, but it's working out splendidly. She's a smiley blonde grad student I work with who loves foreign film and doing dishes. Good gal.
4. My cats are awesome, as usual.
5. Shana and the impression she left on me is always in the back of my mind these last few weeks. Her passing is a large part of why I stopped posting for a while. As many of you know, I was in the middle of crocheting a blanket for her, made with the yarn sent in from her friends here at the DF. I just...wish I had finished it. I wish I could call her again and say hello. I wish many things. I'd like to think knowing that such an amazing person is now gone from this earth...that it would have inspired me to get the hell off my ass and do something, make a difference, suck up my physical pain and get out there...but it hasn't. It makes me sad. And I cry.
6. Determined to end this on a slightly more upbeat note, I urge everyone to help stop ewaste dumping in developing nations!
This is what we're fighting to end: http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/st...804/index.html
This is how you can help: http://www.texasenvironment.org/donate.cfm (Make sure to cite "Christina" as the organizer who sent you!)
I will probably update this blog of mine with a rant on how much more difficult it is to convince people to get involved in this more human rights-oriented campaign, as opposed to a state-level/effects-folks-directly-in-their-own-home-type health issue. For now I'll just say...it's been tough.