Hey everyone! I get a lot of email, and most of the questions I get can be solved without my help if people took the time to search these forums, or read the guidelines and help section. I have created this thread to help you guys solve some of your issues. This thread will get updated as new stuff comes up.
- -I don't have any booking info.
-I will not pass messages along to the band for you.
-Even though you say you are not a stalker, I still cannot give you band info.
- Please check out our Guidelines and FAQ page. A lot of basic questions can be answered there.
- OK, so you're going to email me anyway. Please remember to include your info. It is preferable that you email me from the email address that your account is under, but also include it in your email anyway along with your board name. Your password is not necessary (I really don't need to know your password is Daveysgirl4eva). This seems like pretty basic stuff, but you'd be surprised at how many emails I get with just "Why was my thread closed?". My only response at that time will be "Who are you?"
- If you are emailing me about your DF account please do not send me your credit card info! It doesn't help me and I don't like having that info. An order confirmation number, username, name and address is more than enough.
- In the event that we have to exchange more than one email to settle an issue, please always copy and paste all of our previous conversations into the email so I know what is going on. Sometimes I won't get a reply for a few weeks and I will need my memory refreshed.
- PLEASE do not PM me. I will read them and forget about them. Do not PM or contact the other mods either, unless they have contacted you first. If you are harrassing a moderator, you can get suspended for it. Please just email me with any questions you may have to avoid this.
- Please try to post a link to any threads in question so I don't have to search for it. It would just make things a bit easier.
- "Why didn't I get an activation email? I registered for the board but I can't post."
-Please make sure to check your junk folders for any emails from the board. Spam filters often filter them out.
- I joined the DF but it doesn't say Despair Faction on my name and I can't post in the DF forums."
-If you paid with a credit card, please wait at least 10 business days for your account to be activated. If you paid with a check, it may take as long as 30 days.
- I forgot my password. I'm really sorry.
-If you forget your password, you can click on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link on any page that requires you to fill in your password. This will bring up a page where you should enter your registered email address, and an email will be sent to that address instantly, with instructions for resetting your password. You can also read the Guidelines and Help FAQ here, http://despairfaction.com/faq.php
- I don't like my username, can I change it?
-No. Please do not make another account because you want a new name. If we find that you have multiple accounts then all your accounts will be banned and you won't be welcome on the board any longer.
- I want to quit the board, can you delete my account?
-No, just stop posting. Self control.
- Why was I suspended?
-Make sure you read the guidelines and all the "About this forum" threads posted at the top of each forum to give you some clues on why you might have been suspended. If this doesn't clear anything up, then email me for further detail. If you are not suspended then read them anyway to prevent a suspension!
- Can you delete a thread I made?
-Just report the thread like you would any other thread and write that you want it deleted. This way any mod will be able to do it right away if they think it's necessary.
- I got banned/suspended because my brother/sister/friend/whatever thought it would be funny to log into my account and post lame threads. Can you lift my ban/suspension?
-Nope. We just can't take your word for it. I hear this excuse multiple times a week. Go be mad at whoever took over your account and protect your accounts better in the future. Seriously, I'm sick of the whole he/she did it thing. I'm not your mom.
- Try to keep the emails as short as possible but explain yourself clearly. Always tell me who you are, your usernames, etc.
- Do not email me on behalf of your friends. I cannot discuss peoples accounts with other people.
- Thank you for not contacting me on myspace about board issues. You may only email me at the provided email address. Do not PM me either. I always forget to reply to those.
- Do not send me fanmail! The band does not read my email and I cannot forward anything for you.
Congratulations!! You have completed the proper requirements to email me!!
Click here to email me about message board issues and drama.
Click here to email me about DF account issues.
(excuse any typos)